What to Expect For Your First Treatment
After scheduling your initial visit with our receptionist, you will have to complete an initial set of paperwork before treatment can begin. We can email you the forms beforehand or you can complete them at the office. If you would like to complete them at the office before your first treatment, please arrive 15 minutes early.
On your first visit to Medamerica, please bring the following:
– Valid photo identification(driver’s license, state photo ID or passport)
– Completed paperwork (or arrive 15 minutes early)
– Any medical assistive devices you might use
What to wear:
– Gym attire or comfortable clothing that will allow full range of motion
– Comfortable shoes (athletic preferred)
During your approximately one hour first visit, a licensed physical or occupational therapist perform comprehensive evaluation. They will ask you questions about the history of your situation/injury and your goals for therapy. The therapist will asses your current functional limitation and may measure your strength, endurance, balance and flexibility.
How can you prepare? Think of which movements or activities aggravate your symptoms or how your symptoms prevent you from living your life fully. The more information you can give us, the better we can provide treatment.